Wednesday, September 2, 2009

26 Weeks, 4 Days a.k.a. "I Get So Emotional, Baby"

Weight Gain: 7 pounds from two weeks ago
Score: Emotions 100, Me 0

I went to see doc today. Good news is I'm up 7 pounds from two weeks ago. We did a quick scan to check the amniotic fluid and the pressure in the umbilical cord and things are looking ok. We'll do a full sono, measuring Kimber and everything, next Wednesday.

I'm happy that I've gained weight. I've been as compliant as I can be on partial bed rest. Things at the office are going well since I've been training a new person (a.k.a Dr. K's next door neighbor/best friend). It's nice having her in the office and I'm getting more done and can concentrate on all the wrong things our billing company are doing.

I just have to say, however, those women who say how much they love being pregnant, always are happy and joyful, and how every woman should enjoy their pregnancy and yada, yada, yada are FULL OF CRAP.

Like all pregnancies, all three of mine have been different. This one is by far the toughest. I have done the best I can by trying to be happy throughout the pregnancy and trying to keep my emotions under control. Tonight, I cracked under pressure.

I'm completely uncomfortable. Kimber, God bless her, just won't stop moving. Feeling her move is INCREDIBLE, but it just hurts so much. She sits on my sciatic nerve constantly. The round ligament pain keeps me up all night (including Kimber flip turning). And I'm not kidding. She flip turns all the time. Every week I'm in the doc's office, she's flipped. So as of today, she's breech.

My emotions got the best of me and I blew up at the boys. I feel horrible, but something's gotta give. Josh leaves his dirty clothes all over the house. He whines and complains when we have him do simple tasks, such as feeding the dogs or helping clear the table after dinner. Joey leaves his toys all over the floor and I trip on'm. Which right now, is not a very safe thing since I can't see the little things until I step on'm. So, needless to say, the boys got an earful tonight. I just couldn't keep it in... I'm just waiting for the mother of the year award to be dropped at the front door, certainly since last week I completely forgot about Joey at our daycare's house...

Anyway, I'm done for tonight. It is time for me to attempt to sleep. I don't sleep much anymore. :(

1 comment:

  1. First off- hooray for weight gain!

    I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. But hey- you're rounding the corner into the home stretch, and soon enough sweet little Kimber will be in your arms.

    ReplyDelete