Wednesday, August 19, 2009

24 Weeks, 4 Days

Weight Gain: 10 pounds from lowest pregnancy weight.

Kimber's Estimated Weight: 1lb, 2 oz ...... up from 10oz, four weeks ago

Kimber's Percentage: <3% ...... down from 4%, four weeks ago



So what does this all mean? A couple things:

1. I need to seriously increase my calorie intake, which kinda freaks me out. My eating habits over the past two to three years have improved ten fold, so eating a lot of fried, greasy, high calorie food freaks me out. It's not necessarily an issue with me not wanting to gain weight, I know what I should be gaining. And it's not an issue with me freaking out about losing weight after she's born. I just don't have the taste buds for that kind of food. I crave fruit, mainly peaches and grapefruits. I crave sauted onions. I crave Special K Strawberry cereal. The high calorie junk food, I just don't like to eat!

2. The calories I AM eating, I'm burning faster than I can put in my mouth and Kimber's just not getting enough. Granted, she's gaining weight, but it's not enough and her growth percentage has dropped.

3. I have been warned like you would not believe by my OB and staff that if Kimber's growth percentage drops or doesn't change, I will be put on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

4. For the next three weeks, I will see my OB every Wednesday. In the meantime, I am allowed to work, however, I have to come home for lunch (not a big deal) and eat and lay down. Once I am off work, I am pretty much chained to the couch or my bed. No more nesting. Period.

I cried. I cried like a silly hormonal baby. I don't want to go on bedrest because that means some really big $$$$ woes and emotional woes for me and the boys. Joshy understands what is going on, Joey doesn't.

Luckily for Joey, we have him in a great in-home daycare 5 days a week, and he starts his speech therapy program through the school district and will go Mondays and Wednesdays. So, he'll be on a set schedule. I'm trying very hard to not just sit here and have a pity party, but it is so hard. If this was my first or second, I'd be ok. But I'm working full-time and need to be a mommy and wife full-time right now as well. Being limited in my activity is going to be very hard for me. Those who know me well understand this. I am constantly on the go. I need a lot of prayers right now.

So, last, but not least, here is our sweet Kimber. It's obvious from her pic four weeks ago to today's, that she's gained some weight. Her cheeks are filling out so beautifully. It almost reminds me of Joey's cheeks. She definitely has the Schmidt nose!

I just need prayers for the above said stuff and some other stuff going on. I've emailed a bunch of people about it already, still no news...


2 comments:

  1. She's adorable! As for the weight gain, if you can eat nuts, maybe you could try something like the mountain trail mix that has mixed nuts, raisins, and some little chocolate pieces. It will increase your calorie intake, but most of those calories will come from the nuts, which are also high in protein. It's not so bad for you as, say, McDonalds or fried chicken. I wish you luck in finding some higher calorie foods that you can actually enjoy, and that have some nutritional value at the same time.

    Sending lots of prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitly be praying for you to nothave to go on bedrest. My friend COurtney was in the hospital for almost 2 months, and I know bedrest isn't fun. I am so exited for you little girl. I can not belive you are already 24 weeks. Abbi, it seems like time just flys!!!!!!!! Take things easy. God will giveyou a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete