Wednesday, June 24, 2009

16 weeks and 4 days!

I had my 16 week appointment today and went over past medical history and family history. It went a lot faster since I don't know my family med history since I'm adopted. I still haven't gained any weight, even the few pounds I lost first trimester. They're starting to get worried, since by this time I should have gained at least 8-9 pounds. So they're having me come back in two weeks for a weight check. And told me I have to start protein shakes three times a day (which normally I'm compliant, but I probably will start with one or two).

We did a quick sono on a crappy machine so I still wasn't able to get a good view of what we're having. Did see something that looks like a boy part, but honestly, the nurse practioner and I couldn't tell. (She's not supposed to tell me what we're having anyway at 16 weeks, certainly from the crappy sono machine.) But heart beat is great and baby's moovin' and groovin'! Also, my blood testing for down's syndrome and other abnormalities came back so completely normal!

The next big sono is set for July 22!! And then we'll finally have an answer of what we're having!

2 comments:

  1. Your Doctor doesn't do all of your Sonos? (Maybe I am just really lucky to have my Doc do every one? I thought that was normal?)
    I can't believe you haven't gained any weight. Maybe that's because I have been basically eating crap lately... only stuff that sounds good. Which are "Pizza Pillows" (as Jolene calls them) and processed foods. It's pretty pathetic. I think I am already up 10 pounds.
    I couldn't wait until July 22nd:) You are a very patient woman. I think we are going to do our Early Gender Test this Saturday. I have two friends who have used them and they were both right.
    Yay for no Down Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hearing the updates. I don't know what I would think about all those shakes too. I would opt for Taco Bell, and Ice Cream. :o)
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete