Wednesday, September 23, 2009

29 Weeks, 4 Days

Well, we can now officially add gestational diabetes to the pregnancy score card. I had failed my one hour glucose test last week, and then my nurse that I work with administered my 3 hour glucose yesterday, which I then failed on all levels except my fasting.

Basically, today's appointment wasn't all that great. I lost two pounds. And now have friggin' gestational diabetes. Boo.

So, what does this all mean for me and Kimber? Well, because I'm losing weight, again, my doc is not worried about my diet that much. They gave me a glucometer and I am to test my levels first thing when I wake up in the morning, before I eat a snack and a meal, and an hour or two hours after that snack/meal. Gunna be a lot of finger poking and arm poking for the next week. My doc said that she will review my levels and decide from there whether or not to put me on medication (i.e. an oral insulin type thing or the insulin shots).

Also, at my appointment last Monday, we decided it would be best for me to be put back on Zoloft, my antidepressant. I have suffered from depression off and on for almost 10 years now. Part of my weight issues are attributed to my depression. I have been trying to deal with a lot of family things and work things and I saw the signs my depression was coming back. So hopefully with the Zoloft on board, things will get better.

Doc gave me some Ambien to help me sleep at night since Kimber will only let me sleep for a good full two hours then it's tossing and turning and flipping to where I cannot get a good amount of sleep to help me function during the day.

There's the update. Wish I had better news. Just start praying that Kimber doesn't break my water from moving so daggone much and sitting so low.

1 comment:

  1. Abbi,
    I'm sorry things suck right now :(
    But you have less than 11 weeks to go, and Kimber is healthy!

    I hope things start looking up when you go back on your Zoloft. Antidepressants can really throw you for a loop when you're used to being on them and then stop them.

    Hang in there- You'll have Kimber in your arms in no time!

    ReplyDelete